Sunday 29 July 2012

Cheesy Stories


The other day I met a good friend for a drink.  We had not seen each other for a few months and immediately following "Hello," he asked me, "Are you gaining weight?"  

Well.

:(

Given that I still want to continue writing Poutine Guy and that I do not want to start a Weight Loss Guy blog, I may have to tone down the frequency of reviews and focus on some poutine chatter for the remainder of the summer or (God forbid!) even the remainder of 2012. 

First up, Delta Beausejour Hotel in Moncton deserves a big thumbs-up for its effort to increase poutine awareness. During the Hot Rod festivities known as the Atlantic Nationals on July 13, the hotel let its Facebook followers know that poutine was on the menu! 

While I was unable to personally attend, a HT goes out to a Facebook friend who posted it on my wall and another nod to a friend who emailed me about it. If by chance you were able to participate and partake, let me know how it went. Poutine Guy is fast becoming the send-to for all poutine news – which is alright by me.

Secondly, folks are sending me stories about their fav poutine stops and even their quests. One in particular worked for the Sea Dogs and made it a point to try poutine in every QMJHL hockey arena he visited. That is a worthwhile quest. I salut you. I must add there is something special about arena poutine. The smell of the steam shooting straight up into your face as you gobble down poutine bite after poutine bite is intoxicating. Mmmmm....

A couple of colleagues of mine with ties to Quebec have their must-eat-at-spots whenever they visit La Belle Province. I know if I'm ever driving up the Gaspe, I'll have plenty of places to stop at for some cheesy French fry goodness. While in Campbellton recently I tried to convince my driving companions to stop at a Casse-croute across the Van Horne. Unfortunately, my pleas and pleases were not good enough. 

One more note: following my interview on CBC radio two weeks ago, visits to Poutine Guy soared. In fact, almost a third of all visits to the blog can be attributed to that interview. So, a big THANKS to Mother Corp for the traffic. 

My next blog will have a review. Between starting this posting and actually posting it, I managed to go to Costco and, well... I couldn't help myself. I'm an addict.

May your curds stay squeaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment